BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG model space as one block

Anonymous
Not applicable
why is it that when I publish DWGs from PM the model space information in AutoCAD are shown as a single Block and they must be exploded before someone can edit them in AutoCAD.(my setting are attached)

If I use the "linked xref document" option then the file is ok (lines, plines and fills), but I prefer the single DXF/DWG file method, less files to coordinate.

publish.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
If these are base drawing files for consultants, wouldn't it be easier to publish the DWGs from ArchiCAD? Building information minus the Title Blocks?

If you are publsihing files to a client for a final submission or something, don't they typically request flattened drawings?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's for consultants and co-workers who are working in AutoCAD, I guess for consultants I could publish it directly from AC, however I think it is more convenient to do it from plotmaker, sometimes I have more than one relevant file on one sheet plus notes, stats, labeling is taken care of, etc..

I don't understand the rationale behind changing everything into a block, I haven't investigated enough to see if there are any problems after exploding the file in AutoCAD (line types, layers, etc..)

for clients, yes I just publish one PDF with all the sheets in it.
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Try saving out with Linked XREF drawings instead. Then just make sure you include all of the XREF'd files with the sheet file.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Djordje
Ace
Hassanen wrote:
It's for consultants and co-workers who are working in AutoCAD, I guess for consultants I could publish it directly from AC, however I think it is more convenient to do it from plotmaker, sometimes I have more than one relevant file on one sheet plus notes, stats, labeling is taken care of, etc..

I don't understand the rationale behind changing everything into a block, I haven't investigated enough to see if there are any problems after exploding the file in AutoCAD (line types, layers, etc..)

for clients, yes I just publish one PDF with all the sheets in it.
It is better with 10. All goes as it should.

What I used to do is publish from PlotMaker, then publish from ArchiCAD, then replace the XRefs ... because publishing from PlotMaker gave you only dumb lines. Then, you have to replace the PmAShNo with the correct numbers ... DUH!

If the DWGs are needed as MEP underlays only, then publishing from PM will be OK.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
It is better with 10. All goes as it should.
So in 10 does that also include hotlinked modules being exported as separate Xrefed DWG files?

That is if I have a PLN master file that includes hotlinked modules (typical floors, typical core, etc..) and that PLN is linked to another PLN file containing all the layouts, when I export to DWG (from the layout PLN) will I get that same filing structure? separate DWG files for my typical modules xrefed to another DWG which in turn is referenced to another one that has the layouts in paper space!
Learn and get certified!