Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG to GSM

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is possible to convert a dwg object into gsm object??? Please anyone help...
How can i make it?
Or how can I use a dwg object in Archicad?/for example a chair/
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Dorak:

One thing you can try: go to Open Object..., select Browse for a Folder, change Enable: to DWG file, the find and open the DWG file you want to convert. This will open the DWG file as an object, save this object into one of your loaded libraries to use in your project. Not all DWG files will translate properly. This is for ArchiCAD 14, earlier versions work a bit differently.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Erika Epstein
Booster
There is also a [DWG]translator option which will convert autocad blocks to archicad .gsm library parts

Make a copy of a translator and rename it appropriately.

FILE>DXF-DWG Tranlation Setup>Settings in Selected Translator>Open Options>Open as Floor Plan> Translate AutoCAD Blocks as
and from the drop down menu choose Library Parts.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable