Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Data values from custom zone properties don't show on schedules after upgrade AC file version

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I created some properties and values for zones that were created in AC22 and the data and values worked perfectly on schedules. After updating the file from AC22 to AC23 the properties continue to appear in the property manager and in the zone definitions, however, the data and values do not appear or interact with the schedules. Does anyone know if it is possible to fix this problem or will I have to reprogram all the properties again?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I hope you are doing well during these trying times!

Thank you for your question, and I am sorry about the issue!

This is the first time I heard of such issues. Could you elaborate more on what is missing/not working properly after migration? A test file could be extremely helpful in this case!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

matjashka
Enthusiast
Just for the record: I just noticed that one of our larger projects suffered this same issue after v20 > v22 migration.

In our case, there were (3) hotlinks with three separate buildings.
Hotlink source was one of the criteria in the schedule.
Another criterion was a custom Property describing construction phase of work.
Both of those two criteria went blank, and all the custom Properties that allow us to do scheduling our way were listed as "MISSING" despite being properly defined in the model (in our case Doors and Zones). Obviously, that wasn't the case before migration. I suspect some IDs were incorrectly rewritten during migrating a Teamwork project with multiple hotlinks.

I ended up having to manually re-link the Properties in the schedules, as there is no mechanism to re-link the missing Properties.

I know this is not the place for bug reporting, but I'd definitely give it a look, since this may not have been rewritten in the later versions.

[EDIT] one plausible workaround would be to go back to the original version and export the schedules, then try to re-import them after migration. Haven't tried (lost access to the Mac that could run AC20 with the original Teamwork project), so I can't recommend.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Matt,

Thank you for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

It would be great to have the file for a better understanding of what is happening and whether this is a known issue in our database. Would it be possible for you to share the file for further investigation? Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the file!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT