Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Default value for specific classification

MetalFingerz
Advocate
Hello,

Is it possible to assign a default value for a property within a specific classification or a specific branch ?

For example : I have my own classification system which has a Thermal transmittance in a Flooring branch and in my Wall branch. When I assign those classifications, I that property to be 0.8 by default for my Flooring and 0.2 for my Walls. Is it possible

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but at the moment, it seems that that default value cannot be instantiated and will be the one set in the property manager regardless of the classification
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace
You need to create an expression for property.
Something like that:
MetalFingerz
Advocate
Podolsky wrote:
You need to create an expression for property.
Something like that:
Hi Podolsky,

Thanks for the reply.
I tried it but I can only see <Formula> in my schedule not the actual values, did I do something wrong ? I know I can evaluate the formulas to see the values but the idea would be to see the actual values by default in an object properties or in schedules. Is it feasible ?
Podolsky
Ace
Yes, you need to evaluate the formula - in case there are errors. Most common errors are: wrong type of variable (let say formula gives number, but variable type set to string). Another typical error - mistake in formula itself - missed comma for example.