BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Deleted TW files from server list...yet they keep appearing?

rob2218
Enthusiast
How can I "remove" the TW files which were deleted from the server? The architect who hosts the files says he removed them 2 weeks ago...yet when i go to login to a TW file...they still appear on my list....how do i remove them from "my" list so I don't get confused and enter one by accident???

TW-DELETED-FILES.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't have BIMServer running at the moment, but try to delete them in the Local Data Manager Dialog (Teamwork\Project\Local Data Manager menu command).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
OK...so basically I can delete individual TWdata files our from the folder that is in my PC? I"m used to simply deleting the entire TWdata folder when I get horrific crashes where the entire model crashes out...didn't know I could delete "targeted" folders from that TWdata folder.....I'll give it a whirl.

thanks Lasz!
laszlonagy wrote:
I don't have BIMServer running at the moment, but try to delete them in the Local Data Manager Dialog (Teamwork\Project\Local Data Manager menu command).
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
OK...so basically I can delete individual TWdata files our from the folder that is in my PC? I"m used to simply deleting the entire TWdata folder when I get horrific crashes where the entire model crashes out...didn't know I could delete "targeted" folders from that TWdata folder.....I'll give it a whirl.

thanks Lasz!
laszlonagy wrote:
You shouldn't need to open the TWData folder on your system to remove local copies. This can be done within ArchiCAD as Laz said.

Open ArchiCAD 18 > Teamwork menu > Project > Local Data Manager.

However it should not matter regardless if you remove the local temporary data or not. If you try to open a project that no longer exists on the BIM Server/Cloud you will receive a warning/popup alerting you and asking what action to take.
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks guys...got it.
I was always used to deleting the TWdata file specific to a TW project from "outside" at the Explorer windows. Never knew you could zap the files from within the Archicad software.
Now I know....for the next time.

Eventhough, yes...the deleted TW file would yield a message...it's just house-keeping for me to make sure I don't even "see" the older files on my list...at all.

But thanks, got it.
Now I know it can be removed from the list inside AC.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you click the Options button in the lower left corner of the Local Data Manager Dialog, you can set how frequently ArchiCAD should offer you to do the housekeeping for you. You could even set it to run the cleanup every day on projects older than 1 day, if you wanted.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!