BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Deleting a saved view in teamwork

dhnguyen
Contributor

For some reasons I am not able to delete some of the previously saved views in team work.

The "X" icon at the bottom right is grey out.

All of my layers are turned on, nothing is locked, I have the entire project reserved and I'm still not able to delete it.

Also I have tried releasing everything and reserving all items in team work, closed and open the document again and still not able to do it.

Capture.JPG

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
3 REPLIES 3
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

looks like these views are created from Cloned Folders. i think that's why icon of the top tree is the same as a Saved Plan icon & not a folder...

you can't delete views in cloned folders because these are associated to your Stories. you'll have to delete the story if you want to delete the saved view -- however, deleting stories will also delete all the other views in Cloned Folders like the Design Development Plan. i doubt you'd want to go this route. my suggestion is to simply rename the saved view to "--" or something similar.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
dhnguyen
Contributor

I see, thanks!! I deleted the stories and was able to remove those saved views.

I don't know if there's such thing like "xref" in Archicad, so it's my way of overlaying a file from another pln file in order for me to reference it.

(In AutoCAD, you can just do an xref and overlay a file)-- that's what I was trying to do here. Now that I have no need for it, happy to delete it.

DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

XREF-ing still exists, but rarely does anyone do that these days & i personally don't advice it. only because it brings in Attributes from the external file, most, if not all, are unwanted. such as new linetypes, new fill types, new layers etc., all with names which are completely different to what your attributes are set up in the AC file.

if you want to reference a view from one AC file into another, you can bring it in as an external drawing. from the image you attached, it looked like you wanted to bring in the RCP from another AC file. in that other file, if it isn't already done, save the view & place it as a Drawing in a Layout. copy that RCP Drawing & place it in the AC file your working on. You can paste it in either a newly created Worksheet or paste it in a Layout (i'd do this by specifically creating a Subset for Layouts that for external AC Drawing referencing). when you do either, you can Trace Reference into the plan drawing you're working on.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Learn and get certified!