BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Deleting one parameter in graphic list scheme

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi ...
I have a problem customizing my Zone list ... I want to omit one of the columns for example Room height ... But I could not do it through set up list
The only thing happen when you remove the z.height is that the amount of data in the cells will be omitted but not the hole column.
... I attached the screen shot to show you what I mean and what i did to achieve my goal.

Best regards,

set up.jpg
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
I can't read your screenshots well enough to see exactly where you are in the list scheme setup.

I'm sure you shrunk them to get around the forum pixel width limitation... but it would be more useful if you posted each as separate screenshots at normal size. You'll have to make one post per screenshot...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is a better screen shot !!! I can not understand why why archicad delete the data in cells but not remove the hole column when you remove the mark in setup !!!
zone height.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
First, using the List Schemes is not recommended if there is any way the normal interactive/element schedules can do the job for you. The List Scheme technology / code has not been updated in about 15 years.

If for some reason scheduling your zones with an Element Schedule is impossible and you must use the List Scheme, then here's what you need to do.

Screenshot here is of your own screenshot, showing that you most likely do not want "All" for "Library Pars' Additional Parameters" ... as even after you uncheck zone parameters, values may still magically appear in your list due to the "All" setting.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Next... if you really must use this Graphical List Scheme... note that the physical layout of the fields into columns is set up in a way that is challenging to edit ... and which is the reason that you still see a field after you uncheck your parameter.

If your List Scheme was listing fields by row - as some other zone schemes in your library will do - then unchecking will indeed make the field go away (after you close/re-open the list window ... or issue a rebuild: ctrl-shift-r).

But, because you are using a tabular graphic scheme, the 15 year old code is the issue... and don't ask that GS fix it because...well, it has not been touched in 15 years and it is clear they have no intention of changing this legacy part of the software.

The graphic template defines the fields and format for the display... and does not change AT ALL when you select or de-select fields to display. De-selecting fields just makes the data not appear. You have to edit the template to change the columns / format. (Another reason to use the Element Schedules and not List Schemes.)

See attached screenshot. In the Set Up List Schemes window, switch to the "List Format" tab and click the "Start Format Assistant..." button

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 11.21.42 AM.png
Karl Ottenstein
The Format Assistant will open with the Layout tab selected. If the layout you are using is gray, then it is a factory layout and is locked. You must duplicate it so that you can edit it. Do so, and then click on the Fields tab as shown in the attached screenshot.

This is where it feels like you are in the dark ages. To modify your data record columns, you want the Record selector as shown and you'll see how many columns of data will be displayed. There is NO linkage between this number 8 in my screenshot and the number of checkboxes selected earlier for data to display!! Just the way it is.

Change the column number for the 'Field to Edit" as I have ... I'm showing "2"... and you'll see the Text Field value that will be displayed for that column.

In my screenshot you see #Value[2] which means absolutely nothing to you or me! The parameter name is not displayed!

Below that is an Insert button and a data field selection dropdown. Depending on what data field you select (recognizable NAME), one of these #value[number] fields will be inserted into the Text Field and match up with the field when the list is generated. Totally insane by today's software standards and expectations, but that's just what it is.

So... you want to delete a column. If it's column 5, then we don't need to figure out the #value[] stuff ... just delete column 5, right? Wrong... there is no "delete column" or "delete field" action in this dialog. You can only TRIM the columns back and set up subsequent columns manually... as far as I can see.

So, if you want to delete column 5, you would change Columns in my screenshot from 8 to 4. Then you would have to re-insert the fields for columns 6, 7 and 8 as the new 5, 6 and 7.

If there is a delete button that I don't see... or some way other than editing in an external text editor to delete one column... maybe someone else will post a solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you karl ... It was amazing thing about Archicad ... Although I could understand many thing about the structure of list scheme from the hint that you gave me ... I tested more than 50 profile to delete one column ... But at last I couldn't still delete one column ...every thing in the setup is relating the " parameter " it self ... not the form of the list ... and If you want to delete or change the number of rows and columns, every thing will be messed up !!! As you said there no " delete Bottom " therefore when you change the number of columns the list format will mess up !!!

So I guess almost , there is no possibility to edit the shape of the list scheme!!!

But another question ... If you tell me the list scheme is not very practical,( and I guess you are right ) Is there any thing else I can create or use instead of list schemes for Zone or other things ??!
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, after I wrote I found that to delete the last columns required changing a lot of things. The headers and other settings all still showed '8' columns... and all had to be changed, not just the data record row. Painful.

Yes... as I mentioned, you want to use the Element Schedule (interactive schedule), selecting Zones as the type of elements to schedule. Then, everything is an interactive spreadsheet pretty much. You can group your zones by floor or type, e.g., with Interactive Element Schedules, too.

See:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/virtual-building/archicad-mo...

The detail you need - after understanding the basics from the link above - is to set the criteria to filter for Element Type 'is' Zone:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/virtual-building/archicad-mo...
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks karl ... You are amzing !!!
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks... glad you are able to move forward!
Learn and get certified!