Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Dependent expressions

Hello there,

In Archicad 22 is it possible to define a property which has a value dependent on another property?
For example: we have a Door Type Schedule where we join uniform items depending upon Type. If I select "Type A" for doors, it would be great to have other properties directly pick up this type and adjust accordingly.
I was looking at the IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, ValueIfFalse ) syntax but I don't get it.
Like this : IF "Type" is "A" than Value is "25", IfFalse Value is "10"

Can you help, please ?
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
poco2013
Mentor
This is a common problem. The only solution is to 'chain' the expressions, as in:

IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, ValueIfFalse ) ) )

Basically placing a new 'if' statement within the 'FALSE' condition. The last 'FALSE" generally returns a 'N/A' or null string.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Obviously, after I posted the answer, I found the solution.
IF ( {Property:OPENINGS/Type} = "A", "ValueIfTrue", "ValueIfFalse " )

Now the problem still remains. I f I have more than 2 types, how do I organize the expression? The False value should return to a default in all cases but it doesn't since the first expression was already evaluated.

IF Type = A than Value= 01, ELSE = ?
If Type = B than Value = 02, ELSE = ?
If Type = C than Value = 03, ELSE = ?
arch. ernest atanasiu
Solution
poco2013
Mentor
This is a common problem. The only solution is to 'chain' the expressions, as in:

IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, IF ( Logical, ValueIfTrue, ValueIfFalse ) ) )

Basically placing a new 'if' statement within the 'FALSE' condition. The last 'FALSE" generally returns a 'N/A' or null string.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
You are a genius !
This really works and it's amazing! The possibilities are endless !
arch. ernest atanasiu