BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Different build numbers that still arrived on the server

stefan
Expert
For some reason, some of my students have uploaded BIM Server projects on our server which are not compatible with the others.

We have the Dutch version of ArchiCAD and during the course, we stayed at build number 5014/HF5 (which was current at the time of the start of the exercise). Upon testing, clients and server were compatible.

I know the Server is quite sensitive to enforce everybody on the same build, but now there are some projects that have build number 5019 (HF6). Our server is set up with Hotfix 5, which is 5014. So how did it allow 5019 projects?

So when team members want to access the project, the BIM Server complains.

BIMserver-buildissue.png
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
2 REPLIES 2
stefan
Expert
I tried with ArchiCAD 17/5019 (installed HF6 on a copy of the installation folder, to have both builds available).

Upon testing, I could access the project from an updated ArchiCAD 17 with Hotfix 6 (5019).

Then I saved a local copy with 5019, open in 5014 and upload copy of project back to the server. This works.

I opened the same project in HF6 and uploaded too. This also worked (for me).

So apparently, HF5/5014 and HF6/5019 both seem to work, which is not what I expected...
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
stefan
Expert
Apparently nobody experienced this problem?

The uploaded 5014 project is again turned into a 5019 version file on the server, probably by it being accessed by a student using 5019.

So I have projects from two different Build numbers on the server, but they only work on the same client version.

I even had to use two different BIM Server Manager versions to access them. And yet, the server still responds that is on build 5014.

Will this still be the case with BIMcloud? As it is very tricky to ensure 100+ students stay on the same version throughout the project. I've had many of them forced to re-install ArchiCAD after having updated. The fact that they are greeted with a popup when they launch ArchiCAD makes them really wanting to install the update.
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!