BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Do I need Bim Server for Teamwork ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

We are a small office of 3 people and we've been using Archicad for about half an year now. We'd like to be able to work in the same file at the same time and we are considering buying the Bim Server software. So my question is can we work in teamwork without it only using dropbox as a server? (I am a previous Revit user and in Revit you just assign a file as a central file).

thank you!

Iliana
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
As far as I know, BIM Server is free. Only BIMCloud costs money, which has added features.
You can install and use the BIM Server for your teamworking purposes in your office.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for your reply!

Since I started researching the installation requirements new questions popped up. I watched some online videos about BIM server but unfortunately they are quite unclear for me so I would really appreciate your help.

We don't have a server at the office so can we install the BIM server and the Bim server manager on one of the desktops that we use to work with Archicad locally and if not, can we use an additional desktop/laptop that is connected through the Internet with the rest of the PCs. Also, since we use dropbox as a server and we store there all of our projects, can we store the central file or some of our local files in dropbox?

Thank you.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not aware of any possibility of using cloud file storage solutions (Dropbox or some other) with BIM Server. I think the application must be specifically programmed to support it, but BIM Server is not, as far as I know.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!