Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Do you use different AC templates for new vs additions?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,

Just curious since we've done our first company template with renovation status new instead of existing. We've always been using existing but when we do additions and start to use the renovation filters it gets confused.

So do you have separate templates for new and additions and how does it work for you?

Br,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
When I use the renovation filters, I proceed as usual (without worrying about the details of the renovation filters) and when I have a little time or need I display one by one each filter of renovation and I gradually rank each element in the right filter (from a 3D view displaying all 3D elements including zones)
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I remember previous versions had existing as default and this was confusing when you need to apply filters. In new templets, Its Designed as default.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I just have the one template.

I draft completely new buildings as existing. Sometimes we go back to these projects and add new extensions and I'll have the filter set up from the start.

With renovation projects, I'll draft the existing building first, so by default this works fine too.

With some quick copying of cloned views it is very easy to set up sets of views for demolished and new status if needed.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5