Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Document Accounting Solution for Architects

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,
does someone knows a good software-solution to track print job costs by account (client / matter, project / phase, job number, department) for architects?

we know "papercut" (www.papercut.biz) and the "canon document accounting"...
but we are still searching the best/economically solution...

thanks for your help!
8 REPLIES 8
__archiben
Booster
there is 'ArchiOffice' . . . www.archioffice.com

it is tailored very much for the american market from what i have seen of it so far.

it is essentially a filemaker pro 'front-end' and as such looks quite customisable. i must admit that i haven't looked through it in any detail - i have downloaded the demo for a look and just scanned through it's various features.

anybody using it?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Jacek
Contributor
There is also the IMS -Architectronica Information Management System available from the site of Barry Isakson, AIA - www.architectronica.com, a consulting architect to the digital dffice also based on the Filemaker engine.
Barry has the dubious distinction of introducing me to the first Mac Plus computer and converting my office to the new age of computing.
Jacek
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Anonymous
Not applicable
in the meantime we found some more:
- http://www.pcounter-europe.com
- http://www.equitrac.com

does anybody use one of these?

best regs
xa-4
(...still searching...)
TomWaltz
Participant
Has anyone found any additional products in the time since this last post, preferebly compatible with OSX and Kip?
Tom Waltz
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Two extensive and customisable solutions to check out

FileMaker 6 based front end Mac Windoze compatible

Again FileMaker based front end

and the one I use as its cheap and does one job very well ie sending out invoices and keeping a track of them is StudioBoss. Again FileMaker based but is a stand alone app so you don't need to buy FileMaker to use it. It is Mac only though

StudioBoss
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying out iBiz. It is a project time/billing/report software that I am trying a demo of. It is only for the Mac though. It is integrated with the address book, mail, iCal Mac applications. I like it so far.

http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibiz/index.html
Jacek
Contributor
Cool,
Thanks for the tip, I have just downloaded both of them (Studio Boss and iBiz) and will give them a whirl 😉)
jacek lisiewicz
----------------------------------------------
arkhos-tekton, architects
carmichael, ca

Mac OS X 10.15.5
IMac Retina 5K, Intel Core I7
32 GIG Memory, AMD Radeon R9
ArchiCAD 24
Fritz T
Booster
HI
I'm uncertain if this forum is still active, but here goes..

I use Ibiz software as mentioned below, I find however that the integrating thing is a bit problematic. I cant quite put my finger on it, but the software seems cumbersome and not very user-friendly. An Ical interface would be an improvement, where you actually enter your time info in an ical interface.
I've also downloaded a program called TIMELOG @ http://shareware.mediaatelier.com/ . This has a really easy to understand interface, but no automatic billing facility. I have not yet spent enough time really to evaluate both completely.

What would be great is to have one integrated solution that does it all in a relatively simple and uncomplicated manner.

From reading the AIM and Archioffice pdf brochures, they seem to do most of this. However Archioffice seems to require an annual subscription cost as well as a purchase cost, as well as requiring a purchase of Filemaker Pro. The same goes for AIM in terms of Filemaker, I still have to investigate the costs of AIM.

Does anyone know of any other possible options?
AC 6, through 27

iMac 27' 3,1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

500GB OS X12.7.3 Monterey