BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Does anyone use Cadimage Bracing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking for any opinions on the bracing tool.
Does it work for additions?
Is it quicker than manual placement, is it easy to use?
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use it all the time, I find it great. I now have a bunch of presets made to suit what I might be bracing. e.g JamesHardie RAB which will attempt to apply RAB to exterior and GIB to interior. I also have basic notes in the preset that get scheduled into my bracing plans also.
The basic bracing in the picture below took about 2min work to achieve to give you an idea.
Bracing.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Danj
How does it deal with additions & can it do subfloor anchor & braced piles?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It varies on the alteration. Sometimes I just get an engineer to do the calcs.
As for sub floor yes it can but its a bit more of a manual process. The bracing can also do multiple tables for wings, etc
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Danj, I will download the trial & give it a whirl
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have any questions I am happy to help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dan
I do have a couple
When I have placed Gib bracing & I may want to change the braces in the garage to Ecoply how do I do that?
I have tried selecting an individual element, opened the dbx & clicked the drop down, but the only available choices are all the other Gib braces.
Do I have to set up custom braces in that set before I place the bracing?

I really want to be able to use it for subfloor also, how do you do that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You will need to create a new preset that will include the brace types you want to use. First you will need to add in the ecoply brace types, see picture, then create the preset with the types. Make sure you set Ecoply to EXT only so it will only show on exterior walls. Also the tool applies braces based on priority from top to bottom so you want your ecoply braces at the top as the tool will apply these first to the exterior walls, it will then search down the list until it finds Gib types to apply to the interior walls. Hope that makes sense. You should also be able to schedule the description.
bracing.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Danj
How do you do the subfloor bracing?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I a bit busy at moment but will try post something by end of tomorrow. It might be easier to actually make a video.
Learn and get certified!