Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Floorplan Arrows not showing?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm having problems with the sliding door arrows not showing up on the floorplan.
Model view options are making no difference and local settings on each door aren't working either.
The sliding arrows are working on sliding windows but not doors, what is going on?
This is with Cadimage doors and Archicad doors, I'm using Archicad 22 b7000 Imac at work.

Is this a know issue?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Javadevil wrote:
Hi, I'm having problems with the sliding door arrows not showing up on the floorplan.
Model view options are making no difference and local settings on each door aren't working either.
The sliding arrows are working on sliding windows but not doors, what is going on?
This is with Cadimage doors and Archicad doors, I'm using Archicad 22 b7000 Imac at work.

Is this a know issue?
Have you checked that the settings in the door are not set to 'override MVO'?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I have, it doesn't make a difference.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Did they ever show in plan? I know they do in elevation.

In plan, I show the door open a foot (30cm) or so.
You can visually see which direction it opens.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
No problem with doing this on my end.....
(Assuming this is what you mean...)

This is from my ArchiCAD 21 installation so it (theoretically) should be possible to do in ArchiCAD 22 and 23 as well.

You just have to be sure to check the "over-ride MVO settings in 2 places.
The door 2D and 3D display settings, ...AND also in the opening and opening line settings there's a setting for override MVO setting to show the arrow (and it gives you the option to use an 'Opening Axis' Line instead of the arrow (see below).
I wish Graphisoft allowed one to customize or at least choose the type of arrow used, though.
For other projects I've worked on the standard seems to be to use the Half arrow (or half-filled arrow to be more precise) for sliding doors and windows in plans. They allow you to choose the line type after all.
Also it would be nice to keep some consistency with the arrow type that they themselves use for the door symbols and objects in the Elevation and 3D views (which is a half-arrow)

Stress Co_
Advisor
I don't have the option for 2D in any of the sliding doors.
AC23 pictured, but not in AC21 or AC22.

My library part looks different, as no sidelight/transom options.
Marc Corney, Architect

Just a small follow-up to this, and apparently you can also get the arrows to show with CADimage doors as well.

(green door to the right)

The good news is that the good thing with them is that they show a half-arrow (like i would like), and it seems they allow you to customize it way more than you can customize the GS native library door.

In CADimage it's under 'Display Options' in the door settings, although they just seem to show the arrows by default right off the bat.
Stress wrote:
I don't have the option for 2D in any of the sliding doors.
AC23 pictured, but not in AC21 or AC22.

My library part looks different, as no sidelight/transom options.
Huh...
That's strange indeed.

I have it on my ArchiCAD 23 installation as well.
Can't confirm for version 22 as I don't have that version installed on this machine.

And there's no options (in the door object itself) for sidelight or transoms as those are completely separate doors or door objects (with sidelights and transoms already included.
Not entirely sure what it could be, but off the top of my head I might suggest and posit that maybe the version you're using (the US version?) doesn't have them while my version (INT version) does.

Why Graphisoft would ever bifurcate library objects like this between different regional versions is beyond me (assuming this is the reason it's showing differently for you).
Stress Co_
Advisor
It must be the Library versions
(I'm using the US version).

And I mis-spoke. By transom/sidelight options
I meant, as you say, they are not a door choice in my slider door folder.
Marc Corney, Architect

They used to be part of the door object itself up until some versions ago when Graphisoft decided to make separate doors with transoms, or sidelights or both.

You could select any door and click an option to choose whether that door should have a sidelight (or two) or a transom.
I can see the logic (somewhat) in making them separate objects (probably to allow more customization of the sidelight shapes and transoms themselves, which before was limited, and also maybe smaller and more manageable sizes of the object itself?).

I still don't get why they would cripple the US library version sliders and sliding/pocket doors to eliminate the ability to show the opening arrows on floorplan.