Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

(Door) Hardware Schedule with IFC Properties

Michael
Contributor
Having difficulty creating a (Door) Hardware Schedule with IFC Properties.

The schedule wants to itemize the hardware sets as enumerated on the door schedule. As the "hardware set" is not a predefined element in Archicad there is a missing connection .

True hinges, location and Lockset can be designated, however other items such as Closers; Silencers; Door Stop; Misc. can not be found in AC, 'out-of-the-box'.

As well more itemizations such as
Magnetic Lock, Card Reader, Release Button, Electric Strike, Ladder Pulls, Flush Pull, Edge Pull, Sliding Door Hardware, Magnetic Door Catch & others need o find a place, perhaps in the Pset (Property Set).

Are there any online examples describing such an IFC schedule? Unable to locate.
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10
3 REPLIES 3
matjashka
Enthusiast
Michael, I don't know if you're still looking for an answer, but the Door/Window dialog box has a "Manage IFC Properties" option at the bottom of the Tags and Categories section - you can add your own properties and schedule them at your convenience. Any particular reason that approach did not work for you?
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA
Anonymous
Not applicable
I too was hoping there was something like this built into Archicad or perhaps the standard IFC schema. I think matjashka is right in that this has to be something custom added.
matjashka
Enthusiast
In our area the common practice is to assign a hardware set to the door (that's _one_ variable to take care of) and then let the spec book handle the minute details described above. This looks like a far more flexible approach than trying to maintain all that information inside ArchiCAD on a per-door basis.

But what you're looking for is absolutely doable. There is a recent post on this forum that describes how to modify a door marker to include hardware set number, and that variable could become an IFC property, it's up to the user.
Matt Krol [LinkedIn]
BHMS Architects and Planners, Chicago
AC 10 ... 26 USA