Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Interior and Exterior Zones?

Jere
Expert
Hi, I'm just putting effort into learning to use schedules. For door schedules, I would typically describe doors using both the exterior room and the interior room. As someone with expertise in door hardware, it's important to describe doors this way in order get the proper handing and secure side.

e.g. On the attached plan, a door description would be:

D002-01 -- Living Room 001 -- TO -- Bedroom 1 002
D003-01 -- Living Room 001 -- FROM -- Bedroom 2 003

Note, the TO/FROM changes depending on door swing, but the secure side (or exterior side) of the door is always listed first. I can schedule the interior side easily using "related zone/number". But how do I schedule the exterior side?

On the attached schedule are three parameters: "from zone", "to zone", and "related zone" (I renamed to "Room".) So it can definitely figure these out. Also, when placing doors, we selected which side is the exterior (sun icon) so AC should be able to identify this.

Any thoughts?

Also, somewhat related. I would typically ID my doors like this <D> <zone number> <door number>. So, on the attached plan, the door to Bedroom 1 would be: D002-01. If there was a second door, it'd be D002-02.

Is there a way to do this automatically? I can easily switch the order of ID/Zone, but then I get the "D" in the middle (002-D01)
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
0 REPLIES 0