BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule Cells

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please refer to attached file. I am confused by the way a door schedule functions. The two doors in the attached file and the walls in which they reside are identical. Why the schedule has the appearance of an Excel spreadsheet, it is not possible to select a series of cells in D04 and simply paste them into the corresponding D05 cells the way you would in an Excel spreadsheet. Is there any way around this - even doing a copy paste of one cell at a time is laborious and does not seem to have anything to do with using a computer.

Screen Shot 2016-03-19 at 8.12.51 PM.png
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The doors are not treated as identical as they have different IDs and as you are listing the ID in the schedule they will be treated as different even when you tell it to 'merge uniform items'.

And it is not like Excel, you can only select one cell at a time to work on.
Although you can export it to excel and it will look exactly the same.
Then you can edit as you like, but you can't bring it back unless you sae as a PDF and add the PDF to your layout.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could use parameter transfer: pick up the Parameters of a D04 Door and inject them to each D05 Door. It will transfer all parameters (by default Door and Window IDs are not transferred). That is probably the fastest way. You will not be able to do it in a Schedule Viewpoint, but you can in a Floor Plan or 3D Viewpoint.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
laszlonagy wrote:
You could use parameter transfer: pick up the Parameters of a D04 Door and inject them to each D05 Door. It will transfer all parameters (by default Door and Window IDs are not transferred). That is probably the fastest way. You will not be able to do it in a Schedule Viewpoint, but you can in a Floor Plan or 3D Viewpoint.
This will work so long as they are parameters in the objects.
It doesn't help if they are custom text fields in the schedule - then you have to copy and paste, paste, paste to each cell.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!