Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule - Determining zone (room) for doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I understand that the schedule can indicate which room the door is attached to, which obtains the info from the zones. The door number often follows the room number (or zone number), using the "from" side instead of the "to" side of the door as a reference to which room the door follows.

In our standards it is pretty much so. However, there are a few doors where it follows the "to" side instead of the "from" due to various reasons. I have attached an image illustrating this. With reference to door B2065-A, the door number is following room B2065 (verged pink), instead of B2063 (verged blue).

In this situation, how can I make the schedule display the room to be B2065 instead of B2063? I tried adjusting the zone to go around to the other side of the wall, but it does not always work. I have attached an image showing the schedule generated as well, showing that door B2065-A does not have the room indicated.

Has anybody chanced on such situations and know how to achieve this? I am not sure if there is something that I am not understanding about the process of how the doors and door schedule relate to the zones, and hope that someone can provide information regarding on how I can overcome this problem I have. Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8
rengarch
Participant
The door will display the zone/room number where the label is located. See attached images. I selected the labels to display the room numbers. #216 when the label in in the pink zone and #224 when I moved it into the green zone.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
iMac 27" 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096MB
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
ares997
Contributor
I was just playing around with this in a file a using though when I move the label clearly into the zone it doesn't change in the door schedule. Also how did you put the zone number into the door label?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
rengarch
Participant
In the DIMENSION MARKER go to CUSTOMIZE TEXTS and choose either ROOM ID or ROOM&DOORID.
When you move the marker into the zone, it will display the zone ID as the room number.

If you want the room number to show up in the schedule, be sure to include the Zone ID as a field in your schedule, otherwise it will not show up.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
ares997
Contributor
Maybe I am missing something but is this where you were saying that I should be able to make that adjustment?
rengarch
Participant
I am on Version 13, it might be the same for Version 11. You need to use the marker DOOR MARKER_NCS_11 ( in your case) vs DOOR MARKER 11. Then the ROOM ID shows up as a selection.

Hope that works for you.
Rita MF Eng, AIA
MAC OSX 10.11.6
Archicad 20
ares997
Contributor
So I can clearly see that the door knows which zone it is relating to though the schedule doesn't reflect that connection.

How do I show all these doors coming from the same zone (# or name)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
From your schedule it appares that there is only 1 zone. Correct?

The to and from zone on the schedule relate to the door swing. If the door swings into the zone the door is to the zone. If it swings out of the zone it is from the zone. To make all the doors too the same zone, they all need to swing into zone, so flip the 2 doors that aren't to the zone (door 1 and 3) and all 4 doors will show as going to the zone.
ares997
Contributor
Thanks. I wish there was an option to say that it really can be either zone. My issue is regarding a door going out to a patio, and I would love for it to relate to the room of which it is connected.

Thanks again everyone for your responses in such a timely manor.