Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule and Details

ares997
Contributor
Is there a way to link details to a door or window schedule? I would think there would be but I can't figure it out. Or is just limited to text entry in the parameters of the door or on the schedule itself?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think you can. In fact, I think that AC will only calculate elements you insert in the plan view, so anything you insert in section/elevation or details will not be calculated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Enrico wrote:
I don't think you can. In fact, I think that AC will only calculate elements you insert in the plan view, so anything you insert in section/elevation or details will not be calculated.
I know what you mean but this is a little misleading. ArchiCAD will quantify anything that is present in the model. It does not quantify 2D annotations from any views whether plan, section or otherwise (with the possible exception of fills in plan - I don't recall for sure).

There may be a way to get details into a schedule using some of the more advanced listing functions but they can be famously arcane and difficult to work out. Eric Wilk wrote quite a good book on the topic but I'm not sure where one would find a copy (no listing on Amazon as far as I can see).
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm reading that book right now.

I got it on CadGarage: http://www.cadgarage.com/arfrcadtoqus.html

I have to say, the English translation is not that good, but the book is very helpful. It's also a relief to read:

"You are now feeling quite frustrated. As a matter of fact, ArchiCad offer possibilities, but when you seem close to the goal, nothing happens."

At least, after this book I no longer feel like an idiot when it comes to calculating stuff with ArchiCAD. The whole process is very complicated (ehm, Mr. Graphisoft... this is a big hint for AC14!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Enrico wrote:
At least, after this book I no longer feel like an idiot when it comes to calculating stuff with ArchiCAD. The whole process is very complicated (ehm, Mr. Graphisoft... this is a big hint for AC14!)
The "new" quantifier has been baffling the best of us since it was introduced in version 6. If we are to see improvements in AC14 they would have to be well underway by now. I am hopeful that the revised data structure that came with TW2 may make this more feasible.
ares997
Contributor
What and where is this quantifier you speak of? What does it do? Why was it introduced?
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
ares997 wrote:
What and where is this quantifier you speak of? What does it do? Why was it introduced?
Menu: Document > Schedules and lists > Element lists (etc.)

It calculates quantities and presents them in formated lists.

It was introduced to replace the previous quantity calculation functions.

There is much more to this than can be answered here. I suggest you take a look at the manual so you can ask more focused questions.