Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule by floors

gedzior84
Booster
Hello everyone.

Would you suggest any way of making such a schedule, where I would get a number of specific door types, depending on the floor number?
As for now, we have to fill these fields manually, which is not a very BIMish method
I can't find any way to make Archicad give me that information automatically other than making a different schedule for every door type...

My Archicad version is Archicad 20
9 REPLIES 9
gedzior84
Booster
Or maybe somebody could guide me somehow?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, Im not sure if I understand the image example but base on the question if you need to get the quantity of doors per level of similar type, you can add the "Quantity" on scheme settings and adjust the schedule to merge items in similar quantity. However this "merge" uniform items won't work if the door sizes or other parameters are different. I hope it helps!
gedzior84
Booster
Unfortunately this does not apply to my schedule.
As you can see, I have a schedule of different door types, where I would like to have the information about the quantity for every floor, while your solution gives me this option for one door type only per schedule, so I would have to make as many schedules as there are door types.

Do you happen to make such schedules like mine during you work with projects?

I would appreciate any solution, even if someone tells me that it's impossible to make such a schedule 😉
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again, actually the schedule I show earlier is showing different door type as well. I think I have 4 in there (just covered up by the schedule settings). I added "Library Part Name" on the scheme settings. Yes I have similar and it works if the parameters like doors sizes are the same.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Gedzior84,

Unfortunately, Archicad at this moment does not have Schedule Fields that generate multiple rows of values in a Schedule. What you would need is a Schedule Field called something like "Quantity by Story". This would know how many Stories the Project has (or you could even specify a Story Range for it in the Scheme Settings Dialog) and generate that many rows in the Schedule so it could display the number of elements on each of those Stories.
So this goes into the Wish category, and I think it is actually a good wish.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Marc H
Advisor
Building on cezdguzman's schedule schema, does this work for you? As he noted, it will aggregate on the general type (Library Part ID) as long as details are not added. If you add, say, different widths, you will see more 'types'.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
gedzior84
Booster
Hello everyone.

Thank you for your replies!
As Laszlo stated - there is no way to make Archicad generate multiple rows of values in a schedule.
Every value is only one row in your schedule, so in order to get my schedule, you would need to have multiple Schedule Fields for each Floor in the project.

You would need to have a Field named 'Amount on First floor', 'Amount on 2nd floor', 'Amount on 3rd floor' and so on. At this moment we only have an overall value called 'Quantity' and that does not give you a number of elements listed through different storeys.

Thank you Laszlo for clearing that up!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't know how much you know Python or Grasshopper, but here are some ideas:

I am not that familiar with Python, but I was wondering if you created those separate Properties for each Story, would it be possible to wrote a Python script that you could run at any time, and it would calculate the number of Doors on a given Story, and then write the result into the Property of all those Doors on a given Story. Then, when you Schedule the Property, it would return the correct value. Of course, it would have to be updated by rerunning the Python script after every change in the number of Doors on a Story.

I was also wondering if this could be done with Grasshopper:
1. Creating a Property for each Story that would store the number of instances of a given element type.
2. Generating a Schedule with these Properties.
3. Exporting this Property data from the schedule to Excel by using the "File > Interoperability > Classifications and Properties > Export Property Values from Schedule" menu command.
4. Use the Archicad-Grasshopper Connection to calculate the number of Doors/Windows etc. per Story, and use a Grasshopper Add-On to wrote these values into the corresponding cells of the Excel file saved in step 3.
5. Importing the Property values into elements by using the "File > Interoperability > Classifications and Properties > Export Property Values into Elements" menu command.
6. Generating the Schedule which should display the correct values.

Neither method is very straightforward or automatic, but may still be better and faster than doing it manually.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

we create such plans (floor / quantity).
So far, I have found the only solution: using lists ("old plans").
I have created a component and a condition for each floor

rrr = request ("Home_Story", "", index_story, name_story)

IF index_story = 1 THEN WoI001 = 1 ELSE WoI001 = 0
IF index_story = 2 THEN WoI002 = 1 ELSE WoI002 = 0

ref component "001", "021-001", WoI001
ref component "002", "021-001", WoI002

In the graphic template, I then sort eg HEADLINE [1] and TOTOAL [2], TOTOAL [1];
item per page: OPTIONS PAGEBREAK BEFORE
new item when ID changes

It is a very old feature of ArchiCAD and sometimes a bit complicated, but it can be used. Maybe it will help someone.
Not possible for new features: stairs, railings, classifications & properties; everything from ArchiCAD 20 up ...

If it is possible to solve otherwise, I will be happy to change my habits. It would be ideal with interactive plans ...

Tomas