BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule layer dependent...

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
If I understand correctly since doors&windows do not have layer association it's impossible to have a Door Schedule that lists only doors that belong to walls that are on specific layers.

I'm correct?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wall layer can be taken into account in door & window schemes. See pic.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Yes, but does it effect the doors schedule?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes of course. A door's layer is associated to its wall's layer.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how to select the desired layer combo for a door schedule. I thought when I created the schedule it would use the currently active layer combo, but when I clicked on the view it gave me a completely different combo. Also, the layer combo option is grayed out in the view so I cannot retroactively change it. Uggh!
Karl Ottenstein
The combo isn't used by the schedule. It's a weird artifact that the active combo (if any) is saved with a view and is then uneditable. You can open the view, change the combo and then just redefine the view.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhh. Now I see it. There is a button in the top left corner of the view that reads "Get Current Window's Settings". I missed that. Now it works.

Having the correct combo on makes a difference when trying to edit lines in the schedule. Locked layers are not editable.

Thanks!
Learn and get certified!