BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule w/o casings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to make a door type schedule that shows no casings. Since the representation for the image is a symbol then the frame and leaf linetypes aren't handled independently. I thought i could set casing and frame to a certain pen set number and turn that to white to just make it invisible. Any Ideas?
13 REPLIES 13
rob2218
Enthusiast
in the window and door types diagram.....we NEVER show casings in the U.S....why do they show up in the "stock" window/door types elements views?

Trying to make a generic "door types" and "window types" view and, well...the casings are showing up in the door and window types views...WHY guys...??

In the U.S.A...you "never" show casing information when depicting the door or window type.....you ONLY focus on showing what the DOOR or WINDOW PANEL looks like......

HOW do I remove that darn casing from said views??? off the window and door type schedules?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rob,

The casing is controlled in the settings of the object. If you turn off the casing in the object it will not display in the view in the schedule. I will put it through as a wish to be able to control such display settings in the schedule separately from the model.

But the silver lining is that there is always a way with ArchiCAD. If you click the cell in the schedule you can click the Annotate option and draw a mask over the casing with the fill tool. This way the model can retain the casing.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
rob2218
Enthusiast
that's exactly what I did sir.
Mask (in the 2D view) where it says "annotate" on the actual schedule itself a white fill with no outline edges....to hide the trim.

Why any programmer would program a "door type" with a trim is beyond me but hey....whatev's as they say here in SoCali!......

thanks for your 'workaround' suggestion.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
alemanda
Advocate
I solved using GDL. It's easy.

See
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=221308&highlight=casing#221308
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
NCornia wrote:
Rob,

The casing is controlled in the settings of the object. If you turn off the casing in the object it will not display in the view in the schedule. I will put it through as a wish to be able to control such display settings in the schedule separately from the model.

But the silver lining is that there is always a way with ArchiCAD. If you click the cell in the schedule you can click the Annotate option and draw a mask over the casing with the fill tool. This way the model can retain the casing.

Best regards,
Hi Nick

I hope this is received well at GSHQ as it is a common question I run across during trainings. Seems like a relatively easy fix for the GDL guys.

Cheers,
Link.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Link (and for all)....

I think, no..I'm sure what GS has run into is that there are a LOT OF LITTLE gdl stuff that needs addressing and well, when there are half a dozen it can be mastered but when there are over 10,000 "little" things that needs addressing.....well, same as in our profession.

It seems that the bosses tend to think "ALL" of the items on the 100 list tasks to do deserve to be in the "No.1" priority and as Syndrome from the Incredibles has stated time and time again...."When everyone is no.1....then NO ONE will be no.1".......same theory holds true for trying to get all these "little" GDL into the software.

It just seems to be that, some items in the software got prioritized over others that just don't seem to make sense.

One example, you have "Wonderful" lab tables......yet the stairs are atrocious. Guys (at GS), stairs are more important that making real nice, custom designed lab tables.....really, they are.
Same with railings.....much more important than, say.....making sure you can put an image inside a TV object.....I know it's fun and all to be able to put an image inside a TV object but......the BASIC construction items should be targeted first,......then....have your fun and play with those lab tables and TV programming.....
cheers.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running into this issue as well - want to create a schedule with door and window elevations but absolutely do not want to see casing.

Even if I did, it looks like the symbol is showing both inside and outside casing making for a very confusing image.

I can try to mask it out, but it's hardly ideal when a simple on/ff would be so much better. They already have options for view from opening side, view from opposite, why not an option without casing?

Very frustrating.
rob2218
Enthusiast
Hey Chris,....Rob here!
good luck with that.
the graphics on the door type symbols are a tough one.
Heck, even getting the "door types" schedule to read properly is a tough one.
enjoy...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
rob2218 wrote:
Hey Chris,....Rob here!
good luck with that.
the graphics on the door type symbols are a tough one.
Heck, even getting the "door types" schedule to read properly is a tough one.
enjoy...
Hi Rob,

Thanks - I'm still working on it. Unless I have luck stumbling through the object code changes, I'll be using white fills to mask out what I don't want. Adds to the hours needs and diminishes the ability to automate things as they should be.
Learn and get certified!