Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,

I want to create a schedule that shows in which rooms you can find each door type.

When I add the zone number field, I get a separate listing for every door, even if they are of the same type.

Can I combine the zone number field in one column separated by commas and have only one listing for every door type?

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Fotis wrote:
Can I combine the zone number field in one column separated by commas and have only one listing for every door type?
No. The element scheduler is not capable of that - given the data fields you choose to display, it always displays either 1 line (record) for each element (door in this case) - or 1 line for all identical records. But, you cannot combine multiple fields (zones in this case) into one line that shows all values associated with something else.

You can put the door type as the first column and mark it as a 'headline'. Then, the door type will display once, followed by a list (one per line - sorted if you choose so) of zone numbers or names.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you think it's possible:
1. to create an object (let's say a custom gdl dimension marker)
2. that counts takes data of all the doors of the same type (ID number) and create a custom text value
3. and then place that value on my schedule instead of the zones numbers directly?

Fotis
Karl Ottenstein
Fotis wrote:
Do you think it's possible:
1. to create an object (let's say a custom gdl dimension marker)
2. that counts takes data of all the doors of the same type (ID number) and create a custom text value
3. and then place that value on my schedule instead of the zones numbers directly?

Fotis
No, GDL objects do not have access to data about any other objects/elements - only to the zones in which they themselves reside.

A custom add-on using the API could do this ... but that is a job for an experienced programmer.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, how can i edit the door schedule so that i would be able to exempt wall openings(arch's, circle, etc) from the schedule. Thanks
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Krisslyn:

Add a Criteria that removes the unwanted windows, such as Element ID is not (Element ID).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14