Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door & Window Schedules reading locked hidden zone layer

Erika Epstein
Booster
I am having trouble with my schedules which have started reading zones from layers that are hidden and locked.

Is there a missed or new setting that might be causing this?

Any tips on where or what to check?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Erika,

Those will be read and included in the schedule, but cannot be modified in the I.S. Only criteria let you restrict the elements included. You can choose to include only zones from certain layers...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Erika Epstein
Booster
Thanks, I've been trying to filter by layer since before I first posted. I seem to get all the layers or none
I'll try again in the mornin'....
[I could use a cross-eyed emoticon about now]
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl,
I am still struggling.
Filtering the schedules to specifically exclude or include certain layers does not yield consistent results.

If set the I/S filter so all layers except the gross area zones are read, I can get the schedule with all the door/win listed, but I still have to fiddle with the zones so the gross zones are not overriding the room zones.
If I move the gross area zones out of the way, generate a door/win schedule the schedule reads correctly. I move the gross area zones back in place and all is still ok. Once I make any adjustment to a zone, the schedules go back to including the gross area zones even though these are
-on a locked and hidden layer
-the I/S filter is set to exclude anything on that layer.

What is going on?

I use the Zone Identifier for gross area zones and the Zone Identifier 2 for the room zones. Is there a way to use this to filter?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika Epstein
Booster
Karl wrote:
Hi Erika,
... You can choose to include only zones from certain layers...

Karl
Also,
How can one set it to include more than one specific layer or are you meaning to just exclude the undesired layer?

Is there a way to include or exclude by layer combination if AC is going to insist on reading hidden layers?

Is there a better way to approach this?

I could go back to having the gross areas on a different story, but this approach only worked well for 1 story buildings.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Karl Ottenstein
Hi Erika,

I apologize for not having read both the subject and message of your first post!

I read the message only and thought you were talking about generating zone schedules. After your continuing agony, I finally get it (I think?): you're talking about which zones are reported in door/window schedules when there are overlapping zones.

The only experiments I've done in this case were with objects, which report ALL zones to which they belong. In terms of, e.g., doors which have their from/to 'room' determined by zones, I don't know how the I.S. resolves the issue when there are overlapping zones (room and gross area). Sorry... I'm sure somebody here has run into it?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB