BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door and window builder question

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project where I have been using double hung windows with door and window builder. The problem I am having is that I have not been able to find a way to have divided lites on the bottom sash. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks for any advice.
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike,

I don't see a solution. Have you tried asking CadImage?
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi.
You can't really do it using Door and Window Builder, but you can put in glazing bars in which make it look pretty close.
I have attached a module of an example window.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have asked cadimage but have not received a response. Initial inquiry was probably 4 weeks ago. Thanks for the advice and I will take a look at the Mod file.
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Mike,
Click on parameters and scroll down to "glazing bars full window". Click "on".

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Stress Co_
Advisor
Mike wrote:
I have asked cadimage but have not received a response. Initial inquiry was probably 4 weeks ago. Thanks for the advice and I will take a look at the Mod file.
I've had better luck getting answers from Cadimage by calling N.Z. Josh has been most helpful.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stephen wrote:
Mike,
Click on parameters and scroll down to "glazing bars full window". Click "on".

Steve
Steve, you're a genius. I tend to overlook the parameters tab, you usually don't need them with all the settings available in the WindowBuilder Settings.

Nice one.
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That works for getting glazing bars on both sashes, but i think Mike wanted the bars just on the bottom, which is not possible.
You can fake it though by setting the glazing bars to the 'edge' type, turning off the top, left, and right options, and setting the vertical spacing to the height if the bottom sash. You can check my module file above to see this.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replies. In this case I did want divided lites on both the top and bottom sash so the toggle in the parameters worked great . I forget to even check the parameters since most setting are driven by the "window builder settings.

Toggling "manager" on to store pre defined windows and components also involved a bit of a struggle on my end. I guess I need to pay more attention to what I can control in the standard parameters window. Once again, thanks for the help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mike I was just having a quick look @ the Forum.

Glad you got a reply on your problem with using Glazing bars. Im sorry that you didnt't get a faster response from CADimage. But we now have an International dedicated support support email for tools. You can address your questions to 'toolsupport@cadimagetools.com'. This is better than addressing your queries to individuals at the company who may be on holiday or not in the office for a period of time. Someone is always responsible for monitoring the toolsupport emails, and you'll always get a better response from this. We will generally always reply within 24Hrs depending on your time Zone difference to NZ.

Regards

Stuart Morgan
Learn and get certified!