Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door and window schedule scheme setting 'view from outside'

Anonymous
Not applicable
When making a door and window schedule of windows/doors in the outer layer of the building, e.g. the front door of a home, etc., the manufacturers of the window frames in the Netherlands would like to see the view depicted from the outside towards the inside of the building. This meaning that the opening lines of the element are shown from exterior to interior. However in the scheme settings one can only choose (in Archicad SE2020 which our company uses): 'view from opening side'; 'view from reveal side'; 'view from side opposite to opening side'; 'view from side opposite to reveal side'. The setting I am looking for is simply: 'view from outside'. With the provided options the views of multiple elements alternates from interior to exterior and vice versa when different windows or doors would open towards the inside and outside of the building, giving a lot of puzzlement for the manufacturers. A wall where a window or door is placed in has a reference line on the 'inside face' or 'outside face'. I can imagine that a solution can be found in the feature. Simply flipping the window or door doesn't work since the sil will be undesirable reversed. How can I choose or create the desired scheme setting?
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
I don't do a lot of schedules, but when I do I tend to do the window schedule with the view from the reveal side - always the outside as my reveal side is always outside.
Door schedules I tend to do from the opening side - so it is always as if the door is being opened towards you - seeing as there is no inside or outside.
This helps with the handing (orientation) of doors - hinges on the left or right as the door opens towards you.
Hopefully then there are no arguments as to what the handing is.

pimishere wrote:
It is very odd that we cannot change the transparency of the glass in the schedule. By manually overriding it, it will give a problem further on in the proces when we make views of the inside walls, since the lines will not correspond with the opening anymore.

Should I make a new topic about this?

Maybe make a wish in the wishes section (remember to add a poll).
I found an old post on the same issue with no solution on the transparency in schedules.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=67710

There is a link in that post which has the solution of creating another MVO combination that has the same line type inside and outside - so at least you can have a consistently dashed or solid line.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see, I will make that wish. Thanks for the help!