BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door glazing area not available in schedule

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I am developing a schedule to calculate window and door glazing within a room. The schedule picks up window glass but not that in a door or transom. I have included the parameter 'Total Glazed Area' in the scheme settings field however door glazing returns zero when the door has glazing. I do not see a separate parameter for door glazing. Note the Zero value in the glazing column for D1 Transom 23 as an example in the attached image. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
6 REPLIES 6
Scott,
If this is for Title 24 energy purposes in California, you should look into how this is calculated for doors. If glazing is more than 50% of door, then entire door opening is treated as a glazed window. If less than 50%, then 2" frame is assumed around glazed area, and that must be added to window area. So, generally for energy purposes, the wallhole area is often the correct one to use. It may be easiest to just add a custom property for door glazed area.

If you are just looking for glazing per se (for example, to demonstrate required daylight), I believe Cadimage Doors/Windows has glazed area parameter. Otherwise, you may be looking at a custom property with a formula.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Hey thanks so much Richard,
It is for your second comment related to providing 8% of the room area for natural light. Some of our doors are the Cadimage variety and others are from the native 23 library. Odd and frustrating that the native doors will not return the glazing value.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Scott,

Thank you for sharing the issue, and I am very sorry about the experience!

I have checked the issue in both INT and USA version. On INT, it works correctly, the Total Glazed Area is displayed for both doors and windows. On USA, the Total Glazed Area is an editable number that does not depends on the real settings of the current door (it can be seen under Door Selection Settings > Description > Total Glazed Area). I have no idea why there is such a difference. I will forward this to our Technical Support team for further investigation.

As soon as I receive an answer I will let you know! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

We have concluded the investigation and found out that this is a defect with USA doors. We have entered it in our system. For now, I can only suggest using doors from INT library in order to have this value calculated automatically!

Thank you for your understanding! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Thomas Nymann
Enthusiast

Dear Minh.

Could this "Total glazed Area" be mapped to a Property ? When looking at parameters from "properties->Expressions->Paramters, only the common D/W parameters are available. How to call the already calculated Total Glazed Area" ?

ASUS ROG I9 12900H 🙂 - RTX 3080ti (16GB) - 32 GB RAM - Ryzen 7 1700X 3,8GHz. - GTX 1080ti 11 GB- 16GB RAM
AC 13 +

Unfortunately object parameters are not available to property expressions.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!