Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Door orientation x Qty. Door Leafs in Schedules

PedrosaLuana
Contributor

Hello!

I'm trying to make an schedule which shows only the opening orientation (left/right) in doors with one leaf - or simply to make an schedule which doesn't show the opening orientation in doors with central opening/2 leafs.

I started to do this with an expression like CONCAT Element ID + Orientation, but I don't need to show the orientation in these doors which have an central opening/2 leafs.

I don't have much experience on this part, I couldn't come up with a logical reasoning to do it with expressions and I also don't know if it's possible.

Can anyone help me? I accept another(s) solution(s) too! hahaha
Thank you so much! 😃

P.S. This is an amazing community!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Every door/window in Archicad has a handing - left or right.

It doesn't matter if it is a single leaf or double, the handing is determined by how you place the object.

You can't show the handing for some doors but not others if they are all in the same schedule.

I was going to suggest using Property with Expressions to determine the handing.

But that would mean the expression would have to access a parameter in the door to determine the number of leafs and then set the correct value.

Unfortunately, expressions in properties can not access GDL parameters in objects.

So I am not sure there is a solution for you.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you post screenshot of the desired outcome in the cases of the various types of doors you mentioned? That way it may be easier to answer your question.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi Lazlo! Thank you for answering here.

I need to do this kind of scheme (attached here). The doors which have an "d" (direita/right) or "e" (esquerda/left) in the name are the doors with 1 leaf only. There's an example of a door detailing with an opening leaf ("Exemplo Tabela 1").

The doors which have 2 leafs and central opening don't need the "d" (direita/right) or "e" (esquerda/left) opening indication. 

As the scheme "Exemplo Tabela", I need to account separately doors that open to the right and doors that open to the left. Doors with central opening doesn't need this division between opening to the right or to the left. And I also need to account the doors and windows by floor in columns, specially the reference floor plan and show how many times it replicates in the project.

I think it's possible to understand better seeing these images I've uploaded.

Thanks again!!

Exemplo Tabela.pngExemplo Tabela 1.png
Solution
Barry Kelly

Every door/window in Archicad has a handing - left or right.

It doesn't matter if it is a single leaf or double, the handing is determined by how you place the object.

You can't show the handing for some doors but not others if they are all in the same schedule.

I was going to suggest using Property with Expressions to determine the handing.

But that would mean the expression would have to access a parameter in the door to determine the number of leafs and then set the correct value.

Unfortunately, expressions in properties can not access GDL parameters in objects.

So I am not sure there is a solution for you.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Hi Barry!

😞 Oh no, bad news.
The best option is to make a "composition" of schemes, right?
I already have a property with description like "opening door, 1 leaf", "opening door, 2 leafs". I think it's more simple than doing the other thing I thought.

I was thinking of making a property that indicates the type of opening (eg. opening door w/ 1 leaf, opening door w/ 2 leafs, or smth like that), assigning to those doors, making an expression of ID + opening direction (text join or concat), and making a third expression using IF (if the door contains the property x which indicates that it is 1 opening door leaf, the field will be ID + opening orientation). I don't know if it's possible, I don't have so much experience with expressions.

And thank you so much! 🙂

If you have properties already associated to the doors that say if it is one or two leafs, then you should be able to do something.

It is just you can't access the door parameters to determine how many leafs there are.

But if you are adding the property information yourself, then that should be fine.

You will just need to create a property for 'handing' that will have an expression that say is if "opening door, 1 leaf" then you want the 'Orientation' value.

If "opening door, 2 leafs" then you want "N/A" for the value (or something similar - blank or "_").

Then you schedule the 'handing' property (not the door orientation), and you should have what you want.

Barry

Versions 6.5 to 27

How about using the Library Part Name in your IF statement, for example:

If Library Part Name is "Door 26" then Element ID + Orientation

If Library Part Name is "Double Door 26" then just Element ID

If Library Part Name is "Pocket Double Door 26" then just Element ID

So maybe more elegantly:

If Library Part Name contains "Double" then just Element ID

else

Element ID + Orientation

Might this work ?

EDIT- I gave it a go, but i would need more time to make it work. This doesnt work:

IF CONTAINS("Double", {Property:General Parameters/Library Part Name})

THEN

CONCAT ( {Property:General Parameters/Element ID}, "/", STR ( {Property:General Parameters/Home Story Number}, 0 ))

ELSE

CONCAT ( {Property:General Parameters/Element ID}, "/", STR ( {Property:General Parameters/Home Story Number}, 0 ), "/", {Property:Window\/Door/Orientation} )

My experience with expressions is also limited but would be great to achieve what Pedrosa is asking, i came here with the exact same question. It would be a first step in significantly reducing the amount of manual input required for door schedules.

Win11 AC26 5002 NZE FULL, i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, 16GB
Dell G15 Laptop: i7-12700h, RTX 3060, 16GB DDR5
Thunderbolt 4 to 2 screens, HDMI to a 3rd screen. Laptop lid remains closed.
3dconnexion mouse and keyboard

The 'If Library Part Name is "object_name" can work, you just have to be very careful.

You have to include all of the possible library part names you might use in your project.

What happens (as you pointed out) when you have an object called "Pocket Double Door 26" ?

So yes, you will want to use ' Library Part Name contains' and maybe even use an "Else' statement to trap other objects you don't specifically name.

So long as the word "Double" is in the name of every door object that can have double doors, then this should work.

But if you have an object just called "Door 26" for example and it gives you the option of single or double doors, the library name filter will not work.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

It works! See the snips for the expression code

As far as I know, the AC single doors don't allow for double doors. Unless there's a specific example of it not working, we might have a fool proof solution here.

Now the question for me is how to get my newly created property expression 'Door Info Tag' into the GDL of the door's dimension marker (eliminating some amount of manual input).  The relevant lines of gs_DW_Marker have been located if the idea is even possible.

Screenshot 2023-04-06 172114.jpgScreenshot 2023-04-06 172727.jpgScreenshot 2023-04-06 172828.jpg

Win11 AC26 5002 NZE FULL, i7 4770k @ 4.4Ghz, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, 16GB
Dell G15 Laptop: i7-12700h, RTX 3060, 16GB DDR5
Thunderbolt 4 to 2 screens, HDMI to a 3rd screen. Laptop lid remains closed.
3dconnexion mouse and keyboard