Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door rotation left or right

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to show the door rotation. Is therefor an option? Left or right rotated?
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bart wrote:
I want to show the door rotation. Is therefor an option? Left or right rotated?
Do you mean Schedule/Door Schedule/Scheme setting/(Field/Door Schedule)/(Windows/Doors)/Orientation...?
Door_Orientation.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes indeed!

But one problem, in Holland do you speak about left and right rotated doors. Left rotated means left the hinge, when you're standing at the front of the door. So the 'orientiëntion' should be opposite. Is this possible?
Karl Ottenstein
Bart wrote:
Yes indeed!

But one problem, in Holland do you speak about left and right rotated doors. Left rotated means left the hinge, when you're standing at the front of the door. So the 'orientiëntion' should be opposite. Is this possible?
I'm confused: Riiiv's screenshot does show "L" for a front view with hinges on the left (notice where the handle is).

So, perhaps you are not meaning the L/R or the view - but the dashed opening lines in elevation? Those can be reversed as different countries do interpret those lines in the opposite ways. See your Model View Options, as attached. What you see is generated by the loaded library - so you may see something slightly different in the NED library. But, you can see there the option to choose either hinge or handle for the line orientation.

Maybe you're referring to the 2D Symbol as it appears in Riiiv's schedule above the 3D Front View. Honestly, I never noticed before, but it shows the front/outside upwards ... which makes the hinge there be the opposite of the hinge location in the 3D Front View symbol... I think it would be more clear if they were oriented with the hinge on the same side.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
okay the dutch version of Archicad doesn't contain that option. :S

Is there an possibility to add this 'new' parameter to the object? I've add already the wall thickness.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bart wrote:
okay the dutch version of Archicad doesn't contain that option. :S

Is there an possibility to add this 'new' parameter to the object? I've add already the wall thickness.

Hi Bart Kok,

What AC version are you using? I think that is a 'standard' parameter in AC. I checked again and it's already in AC15, AC14, AC13 (INT version) ; or it's missing in NED version???
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC 15.

The orientation parameter is available, but left and right are opposite. If ist possible to add a new parameter, is it alright.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bart wrote:
AC 15.

The orientation parameter is available, but left and right are opposite. If ist possible to add a new parameter, is it alright.
Hi Bart Kok,

Sorry for my post, what shown on karl's screenshot isn't a parameter in schedule . You can do it by press Document/Set Model View/ Model View Option and update your current Model View or create a new one to suit your need.

Hope it's what you're looking for! :
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I have experienced with AC 14 and AC15 the L and R orientation of the door is based on where the opening side of the door swings.
The 3D Front View is always the opening side and the 3D Back view is always the opposite. Now, is there a way that I can set the Front View as a fixed view where this could be the opening side or the opposite of the opening side. So that in my schedule 2d view, i can have an R for door with hinges on the right that swings inside the house (for exterior doors) and still an R for door with the hinges still on the right side BUT swings outside of the house (still for exterior doors). Is this possible?
Barry Kelly
No the front view is always the side that the door opens into.
It has to be this way so you always know what you are looking at.
You can't have the front view being the opening side for some doors and the other side for other doors as that would simply be confusing and you would never know what you were looking at in the schedules.

The rule is that you pretend you are opening the doors towards yourself.
The hinges are either on the left or the right.
If the door opens to the inside of the house then you pretend you are standing on the inside.
If the door opens to the outside of the house then you pretend you are standing on the outside.

Otherwise what you are asking is that the doors in the attached image are the same hand - which they clearly are not.

Barry.
door_hand.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11