Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door schedule and hardware group

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have develop a method for matching hardware group and door schedule

Went we do a door schedule we have a list of hardware group. Is there anyway we can't relate the hardware group in the schedule auto.

Exemple: went we do door elevation schedule for the door type we can put A,B,C in the door elevation or in the door schedule.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use custom text for this.
Andre_Steynberg
Booster
mhoude wrote:
Anyone have develop a method for matching hardware group and door schedule

Went we do a door schedule we have a list of hardware group. Is there anyway we can't relate the hardware group in the schedule auto.

Exemple: went we do door elevation schedule for the door type we can put A,B,C in the door elevation or in the door schedule.
I'll show you how I group my doors, hopefully it works for you too.

Firstly I go into my Door Settings --> Descriptions.
I group my doors by their purpose, so either "Interior Door" or "Exterior Door" etc.
I've chosen the Operation Type field but you can use any one of the fields.

Once you've chosen your field, enter which hardware group this door should fall under "A" or "B" where I've entered "Interior Door".

Once you've setup all your doors like this either into group A or B we can move onto the schedule. (Once this method is setup you can enter A or B via the schedule as well).
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27
Andre_Steynberg
Booster
Ok so once in your schedule you need to add the correct field in the Schedule Settings where you've defined the group.
So if you've added hardware group A to the Operation Type field you need to add this field to the Schedule Settings (I've renamed this to Door Type in my schedule).

Once this is done your doors should group either via A or B as you've entered. Any stray doors can be edited in the schedule to either A or B

Hope this helps
Andre Steynberg
Win 10 64-bit
AC27