BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Doors below storey level not showing zone on schedule

Wokka
Contributor
Hi,
I've set up a schedule for my doors indicating number, type, size, zone name and number. Everything works fine except one door that is 140mm below the storey, that won't give its zone information in the schedule.
I've tried lowering the zone in 3D, subfloor thickness and ensuring the criteria for the schedule looks below the storey level.
Am I missing a field to get the zone to check doors below the storey?
Thanks
By the way, ArchiCad 11 for this job.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
11 REPLIES 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
As far as I know, zones are ONLY relative to the story they are placed on. If the ROOM really belongs on a lower story, then put the ZONE on that story.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Erika Epstein
Booster
You need to switch the insertion method so its anchor point is in the story of your schedule i.e. instead of the 'sill to wall base or story', use "head to wall base or story'.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Wokka
Contributor
Thanks guys for your replies.
Duane: As the floor was the lowest level and only a 140mm step in the slab, I didn't want to have it on a whole new story just for one door.
Erika: THANKS! That got the problem solved. Thanks you very much! I suppose I can see the logic in the answer, but I would have assumed if the door is within the zone, it should show in the schedule.

Anyway, thanks to you both for taking the time to answer.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
JaredBanks
Mentor
Erika,

Great answer/solution. I just had this same problem today. I would never have figured this one out! Thanks.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Brad Elliott
Booster
I have a similar condition on a split level and changing insertion method didn't work. Worse yet the doors are picking up the zone from the story below. Any ideas how to fix this?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Erika Epstein
Booster
Have you adjusted adjusted the tops and bottoms of zones to fit their spaces?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Brad Elliott
Booster
I think so. I have the zone level -4'-6" and the zone height 8'-0". My rooms are 4'-6" below the story level and 8' tall. I tried making the zone only 4' tall so it wouldn't even be tall enough to reach the above walls but they are still reading the zone below.
M1 Macbook Pro
Erika Epstein
Booster
I think we need more information. Can you post screen shots so we can see your actual situation?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Brad Elliott
Booster
The split level is similar to what you have shown. In this image you can see the the Ski Storage Zone from the level below is setting the doors ID. Where there is a closet below and no zone I get nothing for my door. It doesn't even see the zone on the same floor. In this case Bedroom 202 & Bath 203. The doors are a combination of sill and header anchor points. There is no difference that I can tell.
M1 Macbook Pro
Learn and get certified!