BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Dr & Window schedules:Zones reading from wall reference

Erika Epstein
Booster
I am having a problem with zone identifier 2. I believe this started within the last few weeks and I can't seem to find a setting I might have changed.

When I look at un-updated placed schedule they are reading correctly (as they have for years). Newly generated ones from new and old projects now read incorrectly.

I have two sets of zones each on their own layer. The first layer is for gross areas such as for habitable vs. non-habitable areas. The other layer is by room or area. This is used for door/window and finish schedules. Zones are net areas; they don't include their boundary walls.

I am seeing two problems.
1. The first is that the door or window defaults to the zone that touches the reference wall of the zone adjacent. Changing the "in" or "out" direction of the door does not correct the problem. Switching the reference line of the wall the door/window sits in will usually correct the problem
2. On exterior walls which always have their reference line on the exterior of the building it is now reading the gross area zone even though this zone is off and locked.

Could I have accidentally reset something?
Is there a hierarchy for how I/S reads zones for schedules and could that have changed?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!