Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Drawing Tool and Teamwork

Narska
Advocate
I have several jpg images placed as external references in my file. These files are on my local computer.

I uploaded the images as a library to the bimcloud.

When opening a project on a computer that does not have the local file they obviously come up as "missing"

How can I link the image reference to an image in a bimcloud library?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Narska,

It is not possible to place external drawings from your BIMcloud library, unless they are objects.

Recommended workflow here would be:
1. Place external drawings with File / External Content / Place External Drawing... command.
2. When you placed the drawing, select it and on the info box (under update type) / in the settings dialog (Identification part, on the bottom after update types), check the option called "Store in the Project".

This command will save your drawings to the project, so other users will be able to see it as well. On the other hand, it is likely that your project size will significantly grow because of stored drawings.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Narska,

It is not possible to place external drawings from your BIMcloud library, unless they are objects.

Recommended workflow here would be:
1. Place external drawings with File / External Content / Place External Drawing... command.
2. When you placed the drawing, select it and on the info box (under update type) / in the settings dialog (Identification part, on the bottom after update types), check the option called "Store in the Project".

This command will save your drawings to the project, so other users will be able to see it as well. On the other hand, it is likely that your project size will significantly grow because of stored drawings.

Kind regards,

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

Narska
Advocate
Thanks for the info
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect