BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Drawing list repeats same layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use the schedule potential to make up a drawing list. Very basic task.
Not sure why is listing the same layout once per every drawing is actually inserted in it. (3 drawings in one layout=layouts listed 3 times in the schedule). (see attachment)

How to avoid this from happening?

Cheers
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hy Deviz
you have to tweak with schedule fileds option, they are three buttons on the right of each field. The arrow to order, the sum and the flag.

Bye
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think Claudio is asking about something else.

Claudio, since this is a Drawing list, it lists every Drawing instance placed, and every field for those instances, no matter how many times it is placed.
What happens when you check the Merge Uniform Items checkbox in the Schedule Options panel to the left of the generated Schedule?

Also, why don't you list the name of the Drawing itself, only the Layout ID & Name? I mean, it is a Drawing List.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erika Epstein
Booster
I was wondering if you have more than one set of drawings in your layout book. For example a set of drawings for 1/4" scale and another at 1/8" with identical layout names. If this is the case, on the second tab, identify which set of drawings you want to have in your schedule.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ilder, Laszlo, Erika

Firstly apologies for confusing Schedules and Indexes. It was and index the one I was working on. I was going to post it yesterday already but we had an iNet disruption.

Secondly thank you for getting back to me.

Ilder: Not sure why, but I can only see the arrow, no sum or flag icon?!
Laszlo: The Merge Uniform Items option is only for schedules, not indexes. I don't have any problem with listing all the drawings (if I can fit them all in one A1 sheet), but don't want to have the layout repeated in the list next to every drawing, that's messy.
Erika: what do you mean with 'set of drawings'? Beside floor plans, every layout contains multiple drawings, sometimes at the same scale, sometimes at different scale.

By looking at it with fresh eyes, I think that what I was trying to have was a sheet index as opposed to a drawing list. Having said that and having discovered the drawing list option, I wouldn't mind to have even both for client's and our convenience. Still I wouldn't want to have the layout number repeated for each drawing. Possible? I'll play a bit with that now and see how I go. Appreciate any hint
Barry Kelly
Deviz wrote:
Ilder: Not sure why, but I can only see the arrow, no sum or flag icon?!
Sum and flag options are only available in schedules.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok everyone. I've played with these schedules and got to a better point, still not as I hoped.

Following are some points I'd like to solve if possible.
Please look at the attached pdf.

Point 1:
On page 1 you can see the default screenshot of the drawing list index. After playing with the settings, I cannot go back to having the Headline split in two, with drawing over the top and ID, Name, scale, etc. under, instead I have to repeat 'drawing ID', 'Drawing Name', etc. (page 2)

Point 2:
Is it possible to override the scale somewhere. That to avoid scale 1:1 for tables or 1:174.5348 for 3D views. In these cases a simple N/A would be more correct.

Point 3:
Not sure why I can't remove the lines for the headline separator (Page 3 shows the border with no lines ticked, but you can still see the lines in the table)

Finally, Ideally I'd like to have one list only with:

Subset ID+Name
Layout ID+Name
Drawing ID
Drawing Name
Drawing Scale
Revision ID

I'd like both, Subset and Layouts to show the headline (meaning they would need to be shown only ones), but it seems as if only one (the first value of the list) can be grouped.

Am I too demanding?

Thank you for reading.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Barry.

I've never used those tools. Do you have a link handy where I can read how to exploit them?
Barry Kelly
Deviz wrote:
Thank you Barry.

I've never used those tools. Do you have a link handy where I can read how to exploit them?
Only the on-line help files.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/dia...

Also in the reference guide in the Help menu.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good stuff Barry Cheers.
Learn and get certified!