Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Drawings linked from network vs BIMcloud

DavorP
Enthusiast

I'm tempted to have drawings uploaded and linked from BIMcloud instead of our network location. I've done this with some standard pmk disclaimers and titleblocks. But trying to upload dwg's or pdf's I'm finding it inconvenient since the practice cannot move away from storing project data on a network location to BIMcloud entirely. Having drawings stored in two locations concurrently poses a risk of referencing wrong or outdated information. On the other hand having drawings on the BIMcloud should cache them locally on each user's machine and have Archicad run a tiny bit better not having to look at the network, right?

Anyone out there with a good system of uploading files?

GS, any plans to create an app similar to OneDrive or Dropbox that would selectively pull files from network drive to BIMcloud? Solution such as OneDrive where files are represented with links so they don't take up space until file is accessed and only then is downloaded. Similarly BIMcloud app could only upload the file to BIMcloud when user actually places it as a drawing.

BIM manager
0 REPLIES 0