BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Dumb question re updating to AC14 TW2

Anonymous
Not applicable
If we update the BIM server to v14...

Do we have to update all TW2 projects to AC14 or are we able to run AC13 TW2 projects from the updated Bim server?

...or do we have two Bim servers? One running 13 the other running 14?

Just trying to get an idea of what we're in for when upgrading. My cursory check for info has come up short.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not only do all users need to be on the same version, they need to be on the same build/hotfix.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I get the Build number issue - Yesterday we ran the latest hotfix on everyone's machine only to be reminded that we have to run it on the Bim server too.

The question can be rephrased like this:

If the Bim server is updated to v14 will we need to migrate over all existing AC13 TW2 projects to AC14 TW2?

Or can we keep our relatively stable AC13 TW2 projects as they are and use AC14 TW2 for new projects only - similar to how we are used to rolling out new AC versions.

Or can we run 2 different Bim Servers?
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Angry wrote:
Or can we keep our relatively stable AC13 TW2 projects as they are and use AC14 TW2 for new projects only - similar to how we are used to rolling out new AC versions.

Or can we run 2 different Bim Servers?
Yes you can - it's a modular setup. Although some people may be concerned that two servers running at the same time will consume twice the resources. I'd only be worried about that if the projects were seriously big and you noticed slow down.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link,
Presumably that's how you guys are rolling it out?
What is a really big file for you? We are still adjusting to the uncompressed database sizes of our teamworked projects (pln was 60 meg tw2 file is 400meg!).
Learn and get certified!