Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Dwg-lines to ArchiCAD, not shown in 3D

KNA
Participant
Hello
I have a dwg file and in the file there´s wireframe model of buildings corner and roof lines (the file is made by a guy who have measured the existing building). The wireframe is made of lines. The problem is that when I open the file in ArchiCAD the lines only show in 2D (I opened the file in Draftsigt and the lines show ok in 3D). I´ve tried different import settings but none of them seems to help. I also created a block of the dwg file but that didn´t help either. Furthermore I created a kmz file in navisworks and imported that but no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try opening the 3D DWG as an object: file > libraries > open object > browse for file. After that choose DWG as file type. Save the object, place it in plan view and you might have a 3D wireframe object. You might be able to then convert that to Morph edges.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Try opening the 3D DWG as an object: file > libraries > open object > browse for file. After that choose DWG as file type. Save the object, place it in plan view and you might have a 3D wireframe object. You might be able to then convert that to Morph edges.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
KNA
Participant
Thanks, it worked! Now I have an other question: how can I add hotspots to the 3D model? The model shows ok in 3D window but I can´t click on the corners etc in 3D view. If I open the object I can´t see it in 3D view?
Thanks again!