Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Dwg translation and using Sketch-up in a student version

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
Is it possible to export dwg-files from an archicad model using a student version of archicad 9?

A couple of students wanted to import their sketch-up files into archicad. It seems they can only be imported in 2D? Archicad 9 (student) and Sketch up 5.
7 REPLIES 7
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Mikael,
You can export 3D DWGs from Archicad student version. Simply jump over to your 3D window and "save as" change the file format to DWG.
That's it.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. However it seems i can't use publisher and a dwg translator. The students are supposed to present their model in dwg-format as well (stories). When translating i get the message "failed".
Djordje
Ace
Jan-Mikael wrote:
A couple of students wanted to import their sketch-up files into archicad. It seems they can only be imported in 2D? Archicad 9 (student) and Sketch up 5.
Did you try the SketchUp import plugin?

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/solutions/sketchup.html
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well not me, but a student tried it. We could only see the sketch-up model i 2D..
Djordje
Ace
Jan-Mikael wrote:
Well not me, but a student tried it. We could only see the sketch-up model i 2D..
Nothing in 3D? Even when you zoomed to extents?

Did the student use the plugin? Or id it go via DWG, DXF ... ?

If you want to open SketchUp in ArchiCAD, use the SketchUp plugin. You get the model.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
We used the plugin, but there was no height on the objects when opened in ArchiCAD, only 2D.
Djordje
Ace
Jan-Mikael wrote:
We used the plugin, but there was no height on the objects when opened in ArchiCAD, only 2D.
?!?!?

First time I hear about this ...

Did you open the 3D window after opening the SKP file in ArchiCAD?
Djordje

HP Omen