Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ETABS and ArchiCAD, SAF and ifc files

Afeefa Adeeba Rahman
Contributor

Hi, I was trying to explore collaboration with ETABS but am facing a problem importing the SAF file where there is no option to import SAF in my ETABS 2020 and the XML import also shows errors related to single and multiple XML files.  

Screenshot_66.png

Assigning loads in ArchiCAD also have some issue and the IFC import gives warnings, with some of the boxes unchecked. 

Screenshot_67.png

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

According to this document, ETABS does not currently support SAF (Structural Analytical Format):

https://www.saf.guide/en/stable/getting-started/who-supports-saf.html

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you so much for your reply! But how can I import the live load in ETABS? Is there any detailed workflow tutorial? 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I do not know of any such document. As far as I know, the SAF file format is the only way currently using which Archicad can exchange such data with Structural Analytical software like ETABS, but only if the other software also supports SAF file import/export.

Someone else may chime in here if they have a solution, but I cannot be more help in this topic.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you again for your reply!