BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

EXPORT IFC - Problem with IfcType

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I try to export a slab and a door but the destination software does not recognize them.

-In the case of the DOOR I found that in IFC PROPERTIES the IFC Type variable does not contain the IfcDoor value. It has the value IfcBuildingElementProxi (?)

-In the case of the SLAB, the IFC Type variable does not contain the IfcSlab value. It has the value IfcBuildingElementProxi.

I cannot change these values ​​and put the correct one to be exported and recognized. HOW DO I CORRECT IT?

Thanks guys!
2 REPLIES 2
Hello anaanaana,

You seems to have two different classifications into your project. Why ?
I think you should check this point then choose the right class for each elements into your model.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I think Christophe is right, the IFCType is usually set to "ItcBuildingElementProxy" when the element has an "Unclassified" Classification" assigned to it.
You should try one of two things:

1. Remove that second Classification you do not use. Go to the Classification Manager Dialog, and delete it there.
2. Set the Classification of the Door in the second Classification to "Door" as well. That should change the IFC Type to "Door".

Handle the Slab similarly.

If you do not need both Classifications, then I would recommend option 1.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!