Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Easy way to check wich views are not used in the layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you clean up the view folder? I have not yet found an efficient workflow to check which views are not used.
A similar discussion could be made on the sections and the elevations in the map model section.

Thanks 😉
5 REPLIES 5
If you have carefully used sequential View IDs in the View Map, any skipped (unused) IDs will be obvious in the Drawing Manager when you sort by "Source View".
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
unfortunately human error is always on the agenda.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is no easy way, you will have to do it manually.
However, there is something you can do to make it easier, which is based on the fact that a View can only be placed as a Drawing on a Layout, with the View being the source of the data displayed by the Drawing.
In View Lists you can generate the full View Map Path for Views from two List Fields, and in Drawing Lists you can generate the full View Map Path of the Source View, then compare those:

1. Create a View List, and list only the "View Map" and "View Name" Schedule Fields for each View.

2. Create a Drawing List, and list only the "Source View" for each Drawing.

The second list will contain those Views that have been placed on a Layout at least once (maybe multiple times). You can then compare these to the first list and see which Views on the first List are not also on the second List. The Views missing from the second List are the ones that have not been placed yet.

You can place the two generated Lists next to each other on a Layout, but maybe it is best to print them out and compare them that way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It was also suggested to me by Link on Twitter that you could save the generated lists and save them as Excel file, then compare them in Excel.
In Excel, it would also be easy to filter or highlight duplicate Views (Views that are placed multiple times):

https://twitter.com/LinkEllis/status/1267580881855606784
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rafael Sangareau
Contributor

I found a neat workround and explained it in this thread.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/File-clean-up-Finding-unplaced-views/m-p/334407#M15...

Mac Studio 2022; Apple M1 Max; 64Gb LPDDR5
macOS Monterey 12.6.7
AC 26
iMac 27 2014; 3,4GHz quad core i5; 24Gb 1600 MHz DDR3; 2 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
AC 25
Make your life Custom not Standard. GDLing since 2018.