BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Edit anyway or close/ reload from Autosave Loop

Anonymous
Not applicable
Came in to an interesting (read: frustrating) problem this morning.

My teamwork 14 file won't open. My basic question is, How do I leave a teamwork project so I can rejoin it, hopefully eliminating the errors described below. Or, How do I delete my local copy, so I can join the none corrupt server file?

Here's what is happening.

1. Open on my local machine.

2. message: Editing conflict. Procet has been modified on server... Either Edit anyway or close.

3. Choose Edit anyway.

4. message: Serious Errors. Reload from Autosave. ( I say OK)

5. Goto # 2. (repeating this process doesn't change the outcome.)

Some other relevant info.
1. My colleage opens the project no problem. (she and BIM server machines are Windows 7 64 bit. I'm Windows XP 32 bit.
2. I tried restarting machine. Errors above repeat.

Thanks for any advice.

Nathan
1 REPLY 1
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Nathan,

My answer may come late, but here are some general troubleshooting steps for any case, when you have a Teamwork problem that others working on the same file don't:

- Always save a PLN first, to avoid data loss.
- Send changes (if possible). If you have a problem during Send and receive, try just sending, then just receiving changes, in two separate runs.
- Use the "Reload project from Server" command from the Teamwork/Project menu. This will overwrite your "local copy" with a fresh copy from the server.

If above does not work, then:

- Use the "Leave Teamwork Project" command from the Teamwork/Project menu. This will completely delete your local cached copy of the project.
- Re-join project

If none of these help, or you suspect that the issue is somehow related to Libraries, you can use the Teamwork/Project/"Local Data Manager" command (ArchiCAD 14 only) do delete the local copies of libraries. They will be automatically downloaded again at the next receive changes. (Note: As one of our developers pointed out in of his posts, this feature is not working properly currently. So I guess this recommendation is for the future, when Hotfix-1 is available for ArchiCAD 14)

If non of these help:

- get everybody send their changes,
- then save out a PLN, and re-share the PLN as a new Teamwork project.

But before you do that, please create a "Support Package" using the Help menu/"Create Support Package" command, and get in touch with your local Tech Support. Give Graphisoft a chance to fix the problem.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Learn and get certified!