BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Element ID Manager Standardising

JGoode
Advocate
Hello,

We're trying to set up presets for the element ID Manager in AC23 but they don't seem to be linked to the file and are stored locally. Has anyone else previously tried to do this? Is there a way to add presets so that they can be standardised? If they are stored locally, where are they stored?

Thanks!
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2
Podolsky
Ace
Interesting question. I found on Graphisoft help web page mentioning that it does save into local file. But where? I cannot figure it out.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have just checked this (using Ac24 build 5000) and I found the following folder:

C:\Users\<UserProfileName>\AppData\Roaming\GRAPHISOFT\EIDM Settings 24.5000

So, you need to find the following folder:

C:\Users\<UserProfileName>\AppData\Roaming\GRAPHISOFT\

In that folder, the program creates a folder with its version and build number in the folder name when you first activate the Element ID Manager Dialog, so the folder name will be similar to this:

EIDM Settings 24.5000

After you modified any of the settings in the Element ID Manager Dialog and quit the Dialog, Archicad stores Element ID Manager settings in a file called

EIDM Settings.bin

So, you would have to move this folder and the file in it from one computer to another to synchronize settings across your office machines.
On the Mac, it is probably stored in a similar location, a Mac person may be able to post exactly where.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!