BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Element ID Manager

RandyC
Advocate
The help section shows that the element Id manager settings are saved to a file so that they can be used elsewhere --- Does anyone know where I can get this file and if I can copy it to other machines in order to pass on my setup ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tried this and I found that after clicking the "Save Settings and Close" button in the "Element ID Manager" Dialog, a folder called

EIDM Settings <AC version.Build>

will be created in the following folder:

C:\Users\<UserProfileName>\AppData\Roaming\GRAPHISOFT

The folder contains the Element ID Manager (EIDM) Settings file, which has a *.bin extension.

You should copy the folder to the same locations in the other computers you want to use. You will probably want to restart ARCHICAD just to make sure it reads the latest version of the file during startup.

I think the folder is ARCHICAD version-specific so there will be multiple folders if you are using multiple ARCHICAD versions.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I tried this and I found that after clicking the "Save Settings and Close" button in the "Element ID Manager" Dialog, a folder called

EIDM Settings <AC version.Build>

The folder contains the Element ID Manager (EIDM) Settings file, which has a *.bin extension.

You should copy the folder to the same locations in the other computers you want to use. You will probably want to restart ARCHICAD just to make sure it reads the latest version of the file during startup.

I think the folder is ARCHICAD version-specific so there will be multiple folders if you are using multiple ARCHICAD versions.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
RandyC
Advocate
That works ! Thank you Laszlo good sleuthing !
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Karl Ottenstein
LaszloNagy wrote:

EIDM Settings <AC version>

Thanks, Laszlo! For Mac users, this folder is in ~/Library/Preferences/GRAPHISOFT/EIDM vv.bbbb

where vv is the ARCHICAD version and bbbb is the build number. In my case, it is EIDM 23.4004... and the content is still EIDM Settings.bin
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!