BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Element ID Manager

Srinivas
Booster
Dear all,

In AC V 9.0, With the element ID Manager I want to change the ID for all the doors on the floor plan on different stories depending on the Width. But I don't want the Id of empty wall openings to be changed as they are not required.

Q 1) In element ID manager I am unable to find the option to do that? And also when I am listing the door schedules thru interactive preview I don't want these openings to be listed as I wanted to sort the door schedule by ID. How can I do this?

Q 2) Also how can we list the door schedules in all the stories? Presently it's listing only the current stories in the interactibe schedule. Do I need to display each schedule seperately and stitch them up?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Q1a: EIDM is rather primitive and has no ability to filter by criteria other than the originating tool...v9 and v10 (and v8.1...) are the same. Has never been improved since it was introduced.

Q1b: To not list empty openings, assign them a special ID (blank, e.g.) AFTER using EIDM to renumber everything and set your schedule criteria to allow all ID's except that one, e.g.:
ID<>"" This is discussed here and there over the years in these forums.

Tip: Quickly change the ID of all empty openings on all stories with a special schedule that filters just empty openings... or use Find and Select in 3D to select them all at once.

Q2: All stories will appear in your schedule unless you specifically include a criteria to only include a certain story...OR if you have selected all walls on the current story in v9. (In v10, selection has no effect.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Srinivas
Booster
Thanks Karl..

Everything worked well after your post.

regards,
Srinivas.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Learn and get certified!