BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Element Schedules - Missing renamed elements in criteria

owen
Newcomer
I have just discovered that Element Schedules do not pick up attributes that have been renamed ... MISSING appears under the criteria.

In my case I had changed the Category Name of a Zone and the zone was no longer picked up by the element schedule.

I'm only just starting to really use the live element schedule in 10 so do not know if this has always been the case (Interactive Schedule in v9?).

Either way this does not seem to fit with the logic applied elsewhere that if an attribute is renamed (composites, layers, zones, fills, etc) then all associated items referencing those attributes still pick them up via their attribute ID number. The Element Schedule obviously does not refer to attribute ID's .. only names.

It shouldn't be like this surely?

If you change the name of any attribute you are scheduling and forget to reassign it in the criteria your schedule doesnt pick it up .... very dangerous IMHO.
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
2 REPLIES 2
TomWaltz
Participant
Actually, in AC10, any attribute that is renamed shows up as "missing" all over the place (layer combinations, composites, etc).

It's kind of annoying.
Tom Waltz
owen
Newcomer
TomWaltz wrote:
Actually, in AC10, any attribute that is renamed shows up as "missing" all over the place (layer combinations, composites, etc).

It's kind of annoying.
.. uh yeah and i would say kind of, um really bad. I'm not getting this problem though ... i haven't tested extensively but I have renamed a few composites and zone categories and elements they are assigned to are still picking them up. If you select them they do show with the old attribute name until you actually select thay dialog (e.g composite fill), at which point the attribute changes to the new name - but at least it isn't showing as missing.

Anyone else thinking this is a bug?
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Learn and get certified!