BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Elements schedule and total cost?

lagodue
Newcomer
All - I have an elements schedule with one field being QUANTITY. Another field is COST. Can someone tell me if it is possible to have a formula or expression to multiply QUANTITY times COST to get a total cost for the quantity?
When I try to do this expression, QUANTITY does not show as an available choice.
Thx
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
1 REPLY 1
Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
Unfortunately this is not possible, since the Quantity you are referring to is derived from the number of elements grouped together in an Interactive Schedule, rather than a property or value associated with an individual element.

Expressions can calculate values based on the native properties of a specific element (e.g. length) in combination with other properties or constants (e.g. cost per length unit); thus one can derive the cost of a piece of steel based on the length times the cost per meter or foot. But this formula cannot refer to a quantity in a schedule, which is beyond the scope of the calculation.
Learn and get certified!