BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Elusive "Door Panel"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to create a IS door schedule, and would like to use the "Door Panel" parameter (the one that lists "Flush", "Standard 4 Panel", etc), but can't seem to be able to get it into the schedule. I ended up bringing ALL the parameters into the scheduler (including linetypes, materials, etc) just in case, and still no sign of that parameter. Anybody care to point me in the right direction, or at least let me know that it can't be done?

Also, would there be a better way to schedule the types of doors in the project (6-panel, 4-panel, flush, etc)?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sergio wrote:
I'm trying to create a IS door schedule, and would like to use the "Door Panel" parameter (the one that lists "Flush", "Standard 4 Panel", etc), but can't seem to be able to get it into the schedule....
Sergio,
What Door and/or what Library are you using? You might be able to bring the parameters in under "Addtional Parameters..." in the I.S. Schedule Settings.

Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan wrote:
What Door and/or what Library are you using? You might be able to bring the parameters in under "Addtional Parameters..." in the I.S. Schedule Settings.
Sorry, I guess I explained it a bit wrong. I tried finding the parameter via the "Additional Parameters...". I ended up bringing ALL the "Additional..." parameters and still couldn't find it.

As for the door I'm using, it's the "D1 SE9" door.
TomWaltz
Participant
Sergio wrote:
I'm trying to create a IS door schedule, and would like to use the "Door Panel" parameter (the one that lists "Flush", "Standard 4 Panel", etc), but can't seem to be able to get it into the schedule. I ended up bringing ALL the parameters into the scheduler (including linetypes, materials, etc) just in case, and still no sign of that parameter. Anybody care to point me in the right direction, or at least let me know that it can't be done?

Also, would there be a better way to schedule the types of doors in the project (6-panel, 4-panel, flush, etc)?
I could be wrong, but I think that's a crytpic parameter anyway. The doors are called "style 1", "style2", and so on. I'm not sure how useful that would be to you.

It's called gs_door_typ
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think that's a crytpic parameter anyway. The doors are called "style 1", "style2", and so on.
That's what they usually come out as when listing them in the schedule (provided I'm using the right parameter, which I doubt). The parameter that I'm talking about is found in the door object itself (D1 SE9), under Parameters -> Door Panel -> Door Panel (first option), and the options go something like this:
- Flush
- Standard 3 panel
- Standard 4 panel
- Eyebrow 4 panel
- Victorian 6 panel
- ... etc
It's called gs_door_typ
Are we still talking about the same parameter? I think the one you mentioned was mostly something from the original 9 library. Also, how would I pull in a "gs_door_typ" parameter in the IS? Or am I missunderstanding something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sergio wrote:
The parameter that I'm talking about is found in the door object itself (D1 SE9), under Parameters -> Door Panel -> Door Panel (first option), and the options go something like this:
- Flush
- Standard 3 panel
- Standard 4 panel
- Eyebrow 4 panel
- Victorian 6 panel
- ... etc
Sergio,
Hmmm....I actually tried to add this parameter to a schedule and was not sucessful. I think it has something to do with the fact that additional parameters are actually listed by their "name" not by the "variable".

...confused yet?

When you try to add this additional parameter you have to look for a name "Door Panel"...unfortunately this name occurs twice and refers to two seperate variables "gs_door_panel" & "gs_door_typ" I think the variables and their respective names, in all door objects, need to be more fully differentiated for this to work.

I've actually managed to confuse myself on this one...maybe Karl can explain this better

Dan K
Learn and get certified!