Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Energy Simulations

Ian
Participant

Archicad 24 seems not have the features presented in the EcoDesigner Start workflow in 2014 (EcoDesigner STAR Workflow: Building Energy Model Calibration 3 of 6 - YouTube) ,  features were removed. I was wondering if it is true or now they're hidden. The energy report for example, it had a lot of more  chapters, zone average temperature, outdoor average temperature, energy information per zone and now I see only 6 chapters covering the entire building, not individual zones.

Can  those chapters be imported? Also the energy simulation options only provides maximum number of iterations steps, not the proportional for radiation/latent of the internal and human heat gain. Where are those features  now?

Thanks,

Ian

Energy Chapters.PNGEnergy Options.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Rajesh Patil
Expert

Looking for this? This is in R24 & 25 too.

2022-02-17.png

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB

Thank you Rajesh for your contribution but my question is about the flexibility that the software had in 2014, compare the previous picture showing all the chapters on the energy report and now the picture I took from Archicad 24 that has only a few chapters, not zone information or zone temperatures. Also when export to excel, no matter the location/climate the average monthly temperature of the report is always around 0C (refer to picture 2). 

I believe 'Eco Designer Star' is different to 'Eco Designer' that is built into Archicad, which is just a basic version.

As far as I know you have to purchase an additional license for 'Eco Designer Star'.

I see nothing about downloading it on the Graphisoft website, so you are probably best contacting your local distributor to find out about it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The feature set available in Archicad is called Energy Evaluation. EcoDesigner Star has additional functionality that is not available in Archicad by default.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27