Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Enhanced ifc export from Revit

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've used the enhanced export plug in from Revit to export MEP elements to an ifc file for import into ArchiCAD. However, I've found that the light sources are now visible in the imported model and this makes it difficult to view the model. Should I be able to turn off these light sources in ArchiCAD? When I exported the model previously using one of the default settings in the non-enhanced ifc export, the light sources did not transmit so there was no problem. Any help appreciated, thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to clarify, it's the cones from the lights that are causing the visibility issue, not the lights themselves.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I know these need to be turned off in the light families in Revit before export. I don't think there is any function in the export utility that can control family parameter settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew

Thanks for your reply.

First, apologies for posting in the wrong section but I'm a newbie here!

This gives us a problem. I've had to revert to the native Revit ifc export function using one of the Revit preset export options. This turns the light cones off on export.

So at first glance it appears that the ArchiCAD plug in is really of no use to us because presumably we'd have to produce a separate file with all the many lighting fixtures families modified for every export. This just isn't feasible.

Is there anyone at Graphisoft who can clarify this, or address the issue if necessary?